From:
Mike James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 10:51:41 -0700

Hi there,

This is my first summary so I hope everyone will be able to understand
it. Thank you to everyone who took the time to answer my question, I
really appreciate it.

I received 37 responses regarding olive oil in baking changing the
flavour. It appears that most of the people who do use olive oil, find
no difference in the flavour of their baking. Most people suggested
using Extra Light Olive Oil.

27 use olive oil in their baking

10 do not use olive oil in their baking

24 of the 27 who use olive oil find no flavour difference

3 of the 27 who use olive oil do find a flavour difference

1 of the 10 who do not use olive oil do not think there would be a
flavour diffence

8 of the 10 who do not use olive oil think that there would be a flavour
difference and that is why they do not use it

Collette in Ontario, Canada