From:
Ann Daum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:28:14 -0500

Dear Fellow Celiacs: On the 23d I was invited to a potluck supper with friends
who have always been very careful about sharing their cooking plans and cross
checking with me regarding preparation and ingredients.  One friend brought
"Tribe" hummus labelled g.f. with raw carrots.  Unfortunately she placed it on
the coffee table next to a forbidden dip and wheat crackers.  All went well
except that I was frequently out of the room.  Later, when I returned I
observed one of our friends take a wheat cracker and scoop out the hummus.
Had he done it before?  The question goes unanswered. The 24th was marked
by frequent trips to the bathroom which continued somewhat abated on Xmas
day.. (So much for celebrating the occasion with our family in Andover, Ma.)
Can such minimal exposure cause such a violent reaction if the hummus was
cross contaminated by the wheat crackers?  Your opinions, please.  Happy New
Year to all.