From:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:11:54 -0500

I've gotten sicker and sicker over the last 25 years, with "hypoglycemic"
problems, allergies, many food intolerances.

I think one commonality of all these things is inflammation.
"hypoglycemia" is usually activation of the HPA axis -- hypothalamus,
pituatary, adrenal -- and the "Inflammation Cure" book says tht activating
the HPA axis can leaad to your body making inflammatory cytokines.

It is a vicious circle, with a lot of things that are caused by
inflammation causing it.  So it could cause a spiraling descent into bad
health.  Inflammation gets worse as you get older too.

Celiac involves inflammation of your intestines i think.  The
gastroenterologist tested me for C reactive protein and erythrocyte
sedimentation rate.  Those are measures of inflammation, both were high for
me.

Also insulin resistance is apparently a mild inflammation of fat cells,
which was just found out recently (search the net for insulin resistance
and inflammation)

I've been sick for the last 3 weeks -- apparently -- a reaction to cutting
down on fructose.  I'm eating fewer carbohydrates and i have an IgE
allergy to Candida, maybe the Candida dieoff caused 2 weeks of abdominal
pain.  So I went to the doctor.  He said,

"a little gastroenteritis" -- intestinal inflammation

some cartilage was inflamed

and I have been feeling sick in a way that i associate with allergies, the
out of it congested feeling, like a cold but no runny nose, that i think
is sinus inflammation.

And my back was hurting, maybe muscle pain is related to inflammation.

I had a sore ovary (inflammation?)

A good book on it is

   The Inflammation Cure : How to Combat the Hidden Factor Behind Heart
   Disease, Arthritis, Asthma, Diabetes, & Other Diseases by William Joel
   Meggs, et al (Hardcover)

The recommendations are your basic good sense, cut down on animal fat, cut
down on calories, exercise, olive oil, etc.

Laura