From:
Tanis Collard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:18:19 -0400

Dear Listmates....As many of you have inquired with us, we are happy to
say we have at last found a gluten-free candy corn, just in time for
Halloween.  The Goelitz Candy Corn by Jelly Belly is indeed gluten free.
I received the following information today. " All Jelly Belly jelly
beans are gluten-free and considered very safe for Celiac Sprue patients
to consume.  In addition to Jelly Belly beans, our Goelitz ConfectionsO'
Pectin, Mellocreme and Gelatin items are also gluten-free.  These
products do not contain any wheat, barley, oats or rye in their
formulations.  Corn is the source of our modified food starch.  The
following Goelitz Confections products contain gluten and should be avoided:

All of our Goelitz Confections Chocolate Malt Balls, Licorice Pastels,
Licorice Bridge Mix, Dimples, Christmas Dimples, Delixe Christmas Mix,
and Speckled Chocolate Malted Eggs.

To find a local retailer near you call 1-800-522-3267.  " A special
thank you to our Vice President, Marybeth Winter for researching this
product.  So enjoy listmates and I was happy to answer your many
inquiries as to a gluten-free candy corn!

Tanis Collard, President
MA & RI Celiac Support Group for CHildren...and Adults, too!