From:
Meredith Misner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:00:57 -0500

Hi!  Many thanks to all of the replies.  I posted earlier in regard to
the infomercial of the Hamilton Beach Flatbread Meal Maker.

A couple replies stated they they had tortilla makers (not the Hamilton
Beach meal maker, but other brands of tortilla makers).  They said that
they did have sucess with them, and they cost less (about $30). I was
also told that there is a tortilla maker at Kitchen Emporium for $29.99
http://www.kitchenemporium.com/cgi-bin/kitchen/prod/01sltm2tb.html.

I received one reply by a owner of the Hamilton Beach Flatbread maker,
and they said that they loved it, and they use corn flour-based breads.
I was also told that Bette Hagman's doughs can also be experimented
with.

I was also informed that QVC on-line at QVC.com has it (item # K82498)
for $91.44 plus 9.72 s&h, and 30 days is allowed to try it out.

Many thanks to all who replied.  I think I will check-out cheaper, just
flatbread makers, first, or I might ask for it as a birthday present or
something.  My dream is to be able to have a big bag or bowl or pre-made
dough in the fridge, where I can just pull a chunk out and make some
quick bread, either with an appliance or by hand.  I plan to experiment
with different breads (flatbreads, tortillas, etc.) during my summer
break, and I promise I'll post any successes (or even failures) to the
list.

Thanks!

Meredith Misner
Kent, Ohio, USA