From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2013 23:31:04 -0400

Periodically I get motivated to update one of my link pages. This
past month I spent a bit of time updating my http://paleofoodmall.com/ page.

The paleo diet is the biologically appropriate diet for the human
animal. For celiacs it is an easy next step to take. One simply has
to realize that the diet pushed on us by dietitians is the diet that
is most profitable for the food industry. We did not evolve eating
grains or any seeds for that matter. Profitability in the food
industry is inversely correlated to the amount of labor needed to produce it.

Carbs and Omega-6 fats lead to inflammation of the arteries. And that
leads to heart diseases. Cutting way back on these foods will improve
one's lipid profile without drugs. See:

http://www.sott.net/article/242516-Heart-Surgeon-Speaks-Out-On-What-Really-Causes-Heart-Disease

LDL is not all bad. The pharmaceutical companies tell you it is. They
do so to sell you drugs to lower it. In reality LDL has small dense
particles which are bad, and large fluffy particles which are benign.
Carbohydrate consumption drives up the small dense particles. And
carbs increase triglycerides, which are all bad. You don't see much
on TG being bad. This is because no drugs to lower it exist.

More on this can be found in this recently published book:

Cholesterol Clarity: What The HDL Is Wrong With My Numbers?
by Jimmy Moore and Eric C. Westman
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1936608383/?tag=celiaclist-20

Don.