From:
Natalie Romero <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Natalie Romero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:56:44 -0400

Hi everyone!

Recently I have been hearing people saying that they have had to return
their originally ordered gluten free meal at PF Chang's because it
wasn't gluten free. This happened to me today too so I wanted to make
everyone aware.

PF Chang's has a system in place that helps you identify if the dish was
prepared separately from other allergens. According to the restaurant
manager, when you order gluten free meals or an allergy specific free
meal, it should be served to you on a plate that has the PF Chang's
inscription around the edge. This means that the meal was prepared in a
different station using cleaned out woks with GF ingredients.

If I wouldn't have known this I would have eaten the gluten containing
food as it was served to me. Luckily, I noticed the plain plate as soon
as it was down on the table.  I asked the food runner if the meal was
prepared gluten free and he did not know but went to verify. The manager
came out and confirmed that all gluten free foods are served on the
plates with the inscription. This is a very helpful tip to know.

The server appeared to be well informed about gluten free, he had served
me GF soy sauce without me asking for me and we had ordered the GF
lettuce wraps beforehand (they did come out on the inscribed plate), if
it wasn't for the plate, I wouldn't have had any reason to doubt the
meal that was served to me to not be GF.  As it turned out the server
admitted to making the mistake of ringing up my order wrong. He knew it
was suppose to be GF not it was entered in the computer wrong and this
is how the cooks read the order.

This is all it takes, one simple mistake, for one of us to get sick
eating out. We have to be very cautious!

Needless to say, when I finally got the right meal, it was worth the
wait...the spicy chicken was delicious!

This message originates from Baptist Health South Florida (BHSF). It contains information that may be confidential or privileged and is intended only for the individuals or entity named above. It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message. This message may not be copied or distributed without this disclaimer. All personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to be attributed to BHSF. If you received this message in error, please notify us immediately at [log in to unmask]

BHSF scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content.

*******
*******