Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:59:27 EDT

I hope this message I received from Stacy LaRoche , which I have copied and
pasted to this post will be very helpful to many of us who would like to know
how we fortunate Celiacs can help those who are less knowledgeable or
financially able to obtain safe, gluten-free foods."

The following is his message to me:

I can tell you that the company I work for, Pharmanex, has a Division that
works with charities to distribute complete fortified GF meals. Many of the
charities distribute these meals in Third World countries but there are
groups in the US that receive these meals. You can feed a child for less
than $ 30.00 a month - all tax deductible.

If a group wanted to purchase these meals they are available for purchase.
They are shelf stabled and only need boiling water to be added. The meals
are both Kosher and Halal Certified and with the addition of either locally
available meats and veggies the taste can be varied to suit any situation.
The food is processed in a dedicated GF facility in Utah. To see the
ingredient list, click the participate now link and there you will see an
ingredient list.

These packages can be bought individually for use in the home, for
emergencies, backpacking, camping or to be given to a homeless shelter of
your choice or any individual.

Check it out at www.laroche.myNTCusa.com

I work with groups, churches, schools etc that want to help provide GF meals
around the world. The group can earn funds for their works when they
participate in this program.

I hope this helps,

Stacy M. LaRoche
SLR Distributors, LLC