From:
Kelly McKeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 19:27:18 EST

Hello,

   I've been having problems with fatigue, dizziness and rashes for about 6
years since I had a miscarriage.  I have elevated cardiolipen antibodies and
take an aspirin and a beta blocker.  Doctors think I had a TIA and so I've
had CAT scans, MRI and electrophysiology report done.  I have some symptoms
of Lupus, but a negative ANA.  Right before Thanksgiving I was significantly
anemic so I had a Colonoscopy and a upper Endoscope.  Gastroenterologist
thought things looked "irritated" so he did a biopsy.  Positive for Celiac!
Follow up blood test confirmed this.  I was quite surprised since I don't
have any obvious gastro problems.  I have been GF since 1/1/00 with a few
slip ups.  I'd like to add that I have one son who was DX'd with Autistic
tendencies at three yrs.old (but is now "normal" at twelve) and another with
ADHD.  Of course, the Pediatrician does not think there is any possible
connection.

   I saw a Rheumatologist yesterday and he questioned the Celiac diagnosis.
He told me that there wasn't a true test for Celiac and I didn't fit the
profile.  I am not wasting away and have gained about thirty pounds in the
last two years.

   Sorry to be so long winded, but I'm not sure what to do now.  I thought
the "goldmark" biopsy was a specific test for Celiac.  Can another problem
produce a positive biopsy?  Are there any questions I should be asking the
Doctors before I have myself committed?

Thank you,
Kelly McKeon