From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:23:34 -0700

I thought I'd share how I make doughnuts.  I don't know why, I just feel
like it.  ;-)

I bought a doughnut pan from King Arthur (standard size)

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/cgibin/htmlos/02126.10.251182017895

I also bought a mini donut maker from Salton:

http://www.salton-maxim.com/salton/

THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT.

I was just thinking that some people may be going without, so I wanted
to share how I make them.

I use either Authentic Foods cake mix or Pamela's Brownie mix.  When I
use the brownie mix, I use the recipe for cupcakes on her package.    (I
think almost any cake mix would do)  I fill the pan or mini-donut maker
half-way and bake.  The mini pan doesn't take long at all.  Just a few
minutes.  When they cool, I frost them and put sprinkles on them (for my
son)  If I'm stocking up, I'll freeze them without the frosting.  When I
want to use one, I'll defrost and heat up in my toaster oven.  Then
frost.  (Sometimes I'll freeze them with the frosting, but they're not
good for traveling that way)

Sidona