From:
Debra Berke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:40:09 EDT

News about our next meeting!

Sunday, Sept 16, 3-6pm:
    *
Fall potluck dinner! Think gluten-free means saying goodbye to pizza,  pasta,
cookies, etc? Think again - come see how delicious a gluten-free dinner  can
be. And bring that doubting husband / wife / friend / mother who still  needs
convincing, too!
    *
Anyone who wants to participate in the Gluten Free Restaurant Awareness
Program is especially encouraged to come. Members have started discussions  with
one restaurant, but to get it rolling, we need your help!
    *   We will also be  starting a grass roots doctors awareness program.
Come grab two or three names  to contact and to pick up materials introducing
newly diagnosed patients to  the group as well as giving materials to help start
living gluten-free. It's  always hardest in the beginning, let's get the word
out!

We'll start at Christiana  Hospital, Room 1000 and, weather and logistics
permitting, move to a nearby  outdoor area to eat gluten-free treats.  Everyone
dust off your best  gluten-free recipes or get your favorite gluten-free
store-bought items.   Our last two potlucks, in July and in January, were very
successful, and  hopefully by the 16th, everyone will be back from vacations, but
the weather  will still be nice enough to go outside.
I will be creating a flyer  specifically for this event that can be posted in
our local gluten-free hubs  (supermarkets, health stores, doctor's offices,
etc.) - look for it coming soon,  and remember to save the date!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful  summer!
Eva
*  *  *  *  *  *  *   *  *  *
Delaware Celiac and Gluten Free Group
_http://glutenfreedehttp://glutenfhttp:_