From:
Jim & Gail Thurnau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:30:09 -0600

I received 8 replies to my question. The majority felt that celiac was an
auto-immune disorder. One person reported that a member of their family was
turned down for coverage of celiac disease (but would cover him for other
things) because they considered celiac disease a malabsorption disorder and
if he were free of symptoms for several years, then they would cover him.
One person suggested not going out of my way to describe celiac disease to
the insurance company. Thanks to everyone who responded.

When I completed the form I did tell about my diagnosis of CD but didn't
list anything in the immune disorder section. I haven't heard anything from
the insurance company yet. But I do hope my doctor's letter will allow for
reclassification.

Gail in Minnesota