From:
Rebecca markle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 12:00:42 -0500

I think I've discovered the key to why some of us have the other
symptoms that are not strictly celiac:

I would like to hear from people susceptible to migaines, constipation,
muscle aches to see if they would be willing to modify their diet to
exclude red meat, peas (chick peas, garden peas) and beans, (i.e, no
bean flour, baked beans, hummus, any form of soy)  from their diet, to
see if that alleviates any of the above symptoms.

In fact, I think the peas and beans cause me more problems than the red
meats!  What they have in common is that they are moderate and high
sources of purines.

If anyone is interested in trying this modification, drop me a note.
The diet may take a couple days to kick in, but I'm amazed at how
"loose" and light my muscles feel.

I've also found that I've lost some of those pounds that have crept up
on me, but then, in these times, it may not be from the diet.

Will summarize, because if it works, this will explain the division
between the symptomatic and the asymptomatic celiac.

Bec
Erie, PA