Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 22:35:10 -0500

Good luck with the adjustment to living gluten free.  My husband and 2
children are all gluten intolerant so it's a way of life with us...Chinese
restaurants are really difficult.  If you eat plain rice and something with
no batter or sauce you might be o.k., but it's always risky.  Soy sauce is
out unless you are very careful buying your own.  San-J Tamari Sauce is o.k.

At Mexican restaurants my family orders a tostada without a tortilla on the
bottom and that is usually o.k. (But are the waiters surprised!)

Bette Hagmann's cookbooks are lifesavers.  And this list is great.  I've
learned more in a few months here than I knew after years of coping with it
alone.

Good luck,

Jeanine Robertson