Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 07:45:31 +0100

Can I add one more to the list, as I missed Susan's original posting on
this subject.
THE COMPLETE ASIAN COOKBOOK
by Charmaine Solomon
Summit Books published by
Paul Hamlyn
ISBN 0 7271 0162 5

Despite the enormous scope of this book from Pakistan to Vietnam, Korea to
Cambodia I have always found this Sri Lankan cook's receipes to be unerringly
accurate.  As testimony, I recall how after many years of trying to cajole
receipes out of my burmese mother-in-law my wife and I used the Burmese
section of this book to cook Burmese standards such as Panthe Kaukswe and Moh
Hin Gha only to find they tasted better than her Mum's!  Both these dishes
can be prepared using rice vermicelli noodles (the very fine ones); they are
easy to prepare and stunningly delicious!

This is one book I would never part with.

Thanks Sue for the summary.

Slan
Lyle