From:
deni weber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
deni weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 11:24:30 -0600

I think I read this before on this list - might have been a different
list - but this is something we are trying that is saving us a few
dollars and am passing it along.

I became aware that Amazon.com carries most of the standard gluten
free items that we use.  You can buy things by the case and the price
difference is substantial between what we pay at the store and what
they sell for.  Another perk, if you sign up for their "subscription"
plan, you can have them ship you products at intervals you specify -
monthly, every two months, etc.  You are in complete control of this
subscription - you can cancel a shipment - have an early shipment -
etc.  When you sign up you receive a 15% discount and qualify for free
shipping.  Our third perk is that I have an amazon credit card that
gives you "rebates".  When you reach 2500 points you get a $25 rebate
to use on anything at amazon.  I think it is a dollar for dollar thing
- with one dollar equalling 1 point - but if I cam correct, you get 3
points for every dollar on things purchased at Amazon.  We pay off our
Amazon bill monthly, so there is no interested adding up.

I have found the bread we use, the crackers we use, the kids cereal,
my cereal and cereal bars.  They have a lot of foods I've never seen
as well.

For example, the pancake mix we use is over 5.00 at the store.  On
Amazon,  the case of 6 is about 3.50 a bag.  The subscription service
brings it down to 3.00 a bag  and then I get 9 credits towards my 2500
on my card.  (We usually use two of these bags a week. ) Each case we
order saves us 12.00 and gets us 36 credits - no shipping - no
spending gas money and no time running to more than one store to get
our ceilac food and our other things from Walmart.  (Hurray for
Walmart and their marking their gluten free, no cross contamination
foods on their label!)

Just wanted to pass along how we are saving a few dollars as things
begin to get tighter financially for many of us.

deni weber, Psy.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Indiana, USA

"What is morally wrong can never be politically right.” — Lord
Shaftesbury

Pathways for Change
http://www.pathwaysforchange.com

Encouraging Words - a daily devotional for Chronic Illness
http://www.pathwaysforchange.com/Encouragement/

Chronic illness Chatroom and blog
http://www.peaceinchronicillness.blogspot.com

*******