Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:18:31 -0500

The chips really only need to soak while you prepare the other ingredients ......it gets absorbed pretty quickly so maybe about 15-20 minutes and I use a regular size bag  of chips and a large container of free range chicken broth.  It makes quite a bit.  You do not need to break the chips beforehand as when they absorb the liquid and you start stirring in ingredients they break down anyway.

Also, obviously the more ingredients you add you might have to add a little more chicken broth so it doesn't get too dried out.   You just have to use your best judgement on the chicken broth adding more a little at a time if needed while mixing.  A small excess of broth is easily evaporated while cooking but a large excess will probably just sit there and make it extremely mushy.

Also some more on the seasoning.   All poultry seasonings DO taste different.   The first year I made the stuffing I couldn't find Bells Poultry Seasoning so I bought a different brand.  The stuffing turned out just like Stove Top!  The next year I bought a different brand and that year the stuffing was good but it wasn't absolutely scrumptious like the year before.  So now I buy Spice Hunter brand salt free organic Poultry Seasoning that I find at Toddy's supermarket in Colorado.  This year I did locate the Bells seasoning and the smell appears to be the same as Spice Hunter and since I don't live in Colorado anymore I ordered it and will try it this year.  I found it at:
http://www.yankeegrocery.com/store.html

AND if you do not have or find poultry seasoning you can always add the standard spices to your stuffing:
Onion powder
garlic powder
basil, rosemary, corriander, sage, thyme, paprika, black pepper and marjoram.

AND something I must tell you......you will probably use at least half the jar or  whole package of poultry seasoning depending upon your taste so please sample stuffing before baking.  I know, I know, cold stuffing???  You probably won't want to eat a ton but it won't make you throw up or anything, it's ok, trust me!

Anymore questions, email me and I'll do my best to help!!

Lauren