From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 21:15:46 EDT

I have been having reactions to apples, but not to applesauce.  I also
noticed the coatings listed in the supermarket on the apples and other
fruits.  I asked what shellac was made from. I thought it was something I
used to shellac floors and definitely not something I would eat.  The
produce manager said "He did not know and didn't want to eat it either.  He
said that is why there is so much business across the street in the
health food store"

Does anyone work in this field who is on the list?  Can someone update the us
on what the coatings are, that are applied to fruit?

Thanks, Carol in NJ