From:
Sally Lopez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 21:03:56 -0400

I've overwhelmed and can't reply to so many requests regarding how to
get Gluten Free-Wheat Free WASA Corn Crispies.  You all sent such nice
notes to me!  My apologies for a "group reply".  Here's how.  Write to
Liberty Richter (the importer) at 400 Lyster Avenue, Saddle Brook, NJ
07663-5910 (tel-201-843-8900; fax-201-368-3575).  They will tell you the
name of the distributor nearest you.  Then call up the distributor and
find out what grocery stores near you they serve.  Then go to the local
grocery armed with the distributor's name and tell them that you have
talked to the distributor and wish to order a case.  They will balk and
fuss a little (don't want to be bothered), but since you have contacted
the distributor, they really can't refuse.  My local Safeway said I
would have to wait until the next Wednesday (the distributor's regular
visit) and I said "Wednesday is fine with me.  Then you will order my
crackers?"  He fussed some more and I said that I would go to the Giant
since they were also on the distributor's list if he had a problem with
ordering my crackers!  He backed down very quickly and said that they
should be in the store in about 1-1 1/2 weeks.   BTW, if you have never
ordered WASA crackers, a case isn't much.  They are small packages!
Having the name of the distributor and talking to them first is the
charm!  I hope that you all enjoy them, too.  It is so nice to have
something to snack on!  I'm also going to crunch some up for meatloaf!
Sally