Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 15:57:57 EDT

also had TMJ and had to have bi-lateral TMJ surgery  for it 8  years  prior
being dxed with celiac disease.  (I had  had  undxed celiac disease  from
infancy, tho, so the 2 conditions  were  present at the same time.)  I  have
since
read  somewhere (maybe  here) that TMJ can be a secondary problem of  celiac
disease.  I  cannot remember the particulars of that info.   I  think,
however, the
gist was that TMJ was sometimes  auto-immune.

In my case, tho,  my doctor thinks my tmj may  have been caused by a
bacterial
infection  on the left  side.  The resulting injury then caused the  disk to
pop out  of place on the right side.  My right jaw joint responded   to
surgery,
but there was nothing that could be done for the left   joint.   Nothing was
there to work with but necrotized  tissue,  according to the  surgeon.  At
any
rate,
I also  had a number of  other problems--fibromyalgia,  lymphatic swelling,
and
adrenal  exhaustion.  My nutritionist was able to   tie all this
together....

apparently, in my case, my celiac  disease  allowed  opportunistic bacteria
and
fungi, as well as  chemical toxins, into  my  system via gut damage.  Some of

the bacteria colonized in my left   jaw joint.  Some  bacterial and fungal
colonies settled in other tissues  and  in my  gut, itself.  All of these
toxins/bad
"bugs" caused  alot  of  wastes and immune upregulation.  This, then, caused

lymphatic and toxin  overload, which, in turn, caused adrenal   exhaustion
due
to the
adrenal gland  having to compete with  the  lymphatic system for the same
nutrients, which were  in small  supply  already, due to celiac disease.

The fuzzy headed  feeling, ear  stuffiness, and off-balance problems can  all
be  symptoms of BOTH  lymphatic/toxin overload and TMJ itself.  SO  these
symptoms could  be all related to your tmj OR your tmj and  other symptoms
could  all
be  symptoms of toxic overload from  toxins and bad bugs which took hold in
your
body while your  gut was damaged by untreated celiac disease.  For  me,  the
fibromyalgia, off-balanced feeling, and brain fog lifted as I   detoxed  and
went
on a germicidal/fungicidal and sugarfree/gf   diet.  But again,  these all
can
be tmj related and tmj can  be  auto-immune or caused by  injury.

The fact that your  celiac  gut damage is now fine does not necessarily mean

that  infections/toxins in general which got into your body prior to  gut
healing
are now gone.  Nor does celiac healing in any way  affect an  auto-immune
disease which is already there.  Tmj  surgery may help  you or not  also.
The
surgery will  certainly take care of a  dislocated or torn disc,  but
sometimes  the
joint space is too damaged  to do anything with (at least  that  was the case
when I last saw my  surgeon.  Things do  change as far as what  surgeons can
do,
sometimes, with  time.)  The fact that nothing was found  has no  real
bearing
on
the toxin thing either.  Regular MDs do not deal    with lymphatic/toxin
issues.  They haven't a clue how to dx   this.   Alternative medicine docs
and
some
preventative care  docs  will test for these  (toxins and body "parasites" in

general).  If  you should look into this,  make sure yours  does extensive
testing
tho,  because my preventative care doc   only did partial testing, and then
what
he did find, he didn't  know what to do  with.  I went another 8  years
before
actually found a nutritionist who  thought there was a  need to  look into
this
further.  He was appalled that  my PC doc   did not treat the bacteria and
fungal infestations he did find  on   testing.

Hope this is not a discouragement to you.   It is quite  possible that
splint
therapy or surgery is all you  need.  I am  just answering your  question as
how  celiac disease is related to  tmj and what other problems can  cause
your
symptoms.  If you are  having jaw pain and clicking, this  is  tmj.  But, if
you
are  experiencing only the symptoms  you mentioned, this is  more likely a
toxin
issue caused by  gut permeability.  Dizziness can be  toxin  related, as can
the facial tingling and numbness, too.  (The    tingling/numbness is usually
from
a heavy metal or chemical toxin, tho,  and  not  a parasitic condition, I
think.)