From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 07:04:13 -0800

Hi All--

I'm attending my first office potluck luncheon since
being totally gf and need help with substitutions in
this recipe - specifically, what kind of flour should
I sub for regular flour, and what brand of sour cream
is gf (I live in Kansas) and haven't seen Breakstone
brand. I could probably find a Kroger brand, but don't
know if that's gf. (This is a really terrific
variation on the standard green bean casserole with
mushroom soup) Here goes:

1/2 tsp grated onion
2 Tbs butter or margarine
2 Tbs flour
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. dairy sour cream
2 to 3 cans cut green beans, drained
1 c. shredded cheese
1 c. cornflakes or crumbs
2 Tbs margarine or butter, melted

Cook onion in skillet about 1 min. w/butter. Blend in
flour, sugar, salt. Add milk and cook until thick.

Remove from heat and add sour cream. Add beans. Spread
1/3 of bean mixture in qt. casserole. Sprinkle cheese
over beans; repeat layers, ending w/beans. Top
w/cornflakes or crumbs mixed with melted margarine.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Any help anyone can give me would be so greatly
appreciated. I won't be able to eat anything else
that's being brought, so I wanted at least one thing
there that I could eat.

Thanks so much...

Ayn