From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 2010 09:28:40 EST

Bellingham Gluten Intolerance Group...

Next meeting: Tues, Feb. 2nd 7-9 PM at St. Lukes HEC
St.  Joseph's GF Menu for Hospital Patients
Please join us as we welcome, Rachel  Akins, MPH, RD, CNSC, Clinical
Dietitian for St. Joseph's Hospital. Ms. Akins  and BGIG have been working
together over the past year to develop a 3-4 day menu  plan for GF patients and
make sure that protocols are in place to assure that  foods prepared are not
cross contaminated. Ms. Akins will be discussing how a  patient can get a GF
diet, how the food is prepared, what the menu choices are,  etc. Questions
and answers to follow.
If time, we will have a support  meeting.

Mark your Calendars.

March 2nd: Member Cooking Demonstration is now at Ferndale H.S. We  need
someone to do this demonstration. Do you have a favorite GF recipe  that you
would like to share with our membership? It does not have to be a  "baked
item", it can be an entree!
BGIG covers the cost of the food and we  have volunteers to help you !
Also, we have the ability to make this a  Pampered Chef evening. The
hostess will donate all of her commission to GIG  for the evenings sales.
Stoneware cooks GF fabulously!

April 6th: Regular BGIG Meeting at St. Luke's HEC from 7-9

May 4: GF Dinner with BGIG - Put it on your calendar and watch  for details.

May 15th: GF Food Fair at Terra Organica. Details will be  coming.

GIG's Chef to Plate Program for May - Celiac Awareness Month
BGIG  would love to have our local restaurants that cater to our GF dining
needs gain  some national attention! This is a great opportunity for them to
have table  tents up for the month of May promoting their GF dining
options. Encourage them  to contact GIG to get the materials (will be sent free to
them).

Remember, you can register on the website below and become an "editor" for
our local Whatcom County Restaurants that have GF options. This list is
getting quite long and we would love your input. If you like to eat out and
have had an experience you would like to share add it to that restaurants
listing . . . . information is power!
_http://www.innatehealthfoundation.org/wiki/index.php?title=Bellingham_and_N
W_Washington_Area_
(http://www.innatehealthfoundation.org/wiki/index.php?title=Bellingham_and_NW_Washington_Area)

Guest Speaker at our October 1st & 2nd Community Awareness Event is
cookbook author, Karen Robertson!

Questions, comments, volunteers???
360-332-7435
_www.GlutenFreeway.info_ (http://www.GlutenFreeway.info)