From:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2006 08:01:14 -0700

I had a package of Lieber's Kneidel Mix from passover.  I've had a cold and wanted my mother-in-law to make some gf matzah-ball soup.  I bought the product because it said gluten free on the box.  I called Lieber's to confirm the expiration date- as it just has a four-digit code imprinted at the bottom of the box.  The phone system is an automated line that prompts you to leave a message and someone will call you back.  I left a message on Tuesday and never received a call back.  By Friday, I needed to know!  So on Friday I left another message for customer service and tried calling again.  Someone actually answered!  But I was SO sorry he did.  The man told me they were too busy to help me - that they only had time for stores.  I asked him if there was a different place I could call - he advised to hang up, call the # again, and leave a messge for customer service.  I explained to him I already had and hadn't gotten a call back in 4 days!  He laughed, menancingly, asked me
 what town I was from, and let me know they didn't care about consumers - only stores.

This is awful!  A company that happens to make products for Passover, which happen to be gluten free, list this fact on their merchandise to hopefully increase sales.  They not only don't care about those with celiac disease, which I never even asked about gluten-free , but any of their customers!

Sorry!  Just needed to vent!  Samantha