From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 2009 11:28:54 EDT

Events May 23rd through June 27th

Hi Members,

Happy Easter and Passover to all and hope you have a wonderfully blessed
day and season.

The Gluten Intolerance Group is forging right ahead on our wonderful
national conference on June 5th and 6th. I hope you have registered, but if you
haven't it is so easy to do by going to _www.gluten.net_
(http://www.gluten.net) . You can go for one day or two  but you will learn so much it will
definitely be worth it.

Our next meeting will be a picnic on June 27th in Sequim at the Sunny
Shores Beach Club Cabana on Serpentine Ave. It is very easy to find and will be
a wonderful venue for our gluten free feast and bright sunny day of
friendship  and food. GIG will supply the burgers, dogs and buns and everyone can
bring a  dish provided the complete recipe and ingredients are included. We
make sure  that no one is poisoned on our fun day. We have been having this
picnic for a  number of years in Bremerton and everyone loves it. It will be
from 11:00am to  3:00pm and if anyone would like to come and talk Celiac
Disease, gluten  intolerance or gluten free diet, please come at 10:00am and
I?ll be there. This  is a wonderful facility right on the beach so bring beach
shoes and stuff and  friends and family and enjoy a gluten free party.

You are probably wondering why the next meeting isn't until late June. It
is because next week I am manning the GIG booth at a wondrous new trade show
in  Chicago called "Thrive". It is the first time that it has been held in
the US  and it features only Natural and Gluten Free Foods. Our director,
Cynthia Kupper  is one of the featured speakers so we will get great
publicity. I am excited  about this new awareness of the diet and glad to be a part
of it.

Then on May 30th I will be going back to Chicago to man our booth at
Digestive Diseases Week which is the largest medical conference in the US.
Gastroenterologists from all over the world assemble to attend meetings and
exchange the latest info and we are in the thick of it. GIG has been attending
this meeting for 26 years and has a prominent booth in the Foundation Row of
the  Convention. I return on June 3rd to go right into the National
Conference on the  4th, 5th and 6th.

After the conference I will be having a booth at the Sequim Farmers Market
on May 23rd and June 13th. Come on by and help me round up new members.

One of the highlights of the last few weeks has been going to the Port
Angeles Farmers Market and spending my whole allowance at the Glutenada Booth.
This new company out of Port Angeles has the finest GF baked goods and
mixes I  have encountered in all my years. My husband has even thrown out his
Krustee's  waffle mix for Cheri's pancake and waffle mix. He said this is the
finest GF  food he has ever eaten and if you know my husband that is the
supreme  compliment. Rush to her website at _www.glutenada.com_
(http://www.glutenada.com)  and find all of the  goodies that she has to offer.

I'll be keeping in touch to let you know how the show in Chicago goes and
also give you very easy instructions to drive to the Beach Club. Put the
date on  the calendar and plan on spending the day with us.

Happy Spring,

Sue Eliot
Branch Manager
Kitsap/Olympic Peninsula