From:
Connie Margolin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 00:40:16 EDT

Triangle Gluten Free Group

presents

Celiac Disease in the USA:
Are We Different or Merely Indifferent?

Ivor Hill, MD
Pediatric Gastroenterologist
Wake Forest University Medical Center

Friday, November 5th, 1999 at 7:30pm
The Hedrick Building, Friday Center Drive, Hwy 54, Chapel HIll

In this talk, Dr. Hill will look at the difference between the European
experience with Celiac Disease and what is perceived in the USA.  He will
describe the various ways in which celiac disease can present, in an effort
to explain why the condition may be misdiagnosed in the USA.  He will also
present some data from a study recently completed by his group, which suggest
that perhaps there is no difference in prevalence between the USA and Europe.

Local physicians, nurse practitioners and nutritionists are welcome.

Refreshments: will be provided by The Gluten Free Cookie Jar.  Please bring a
drink, or some ice, or something yummy to spread on GF  bread.  Please call
967-9954 and tell us how many people are coming, so we can ship in enough
food!

Directions:  The Hedrick building features
airy rooms, easy parking and access, and
all-night security.  It is located on the
grounds of the Friday Center on Raleigh
Road (Route 54) in Chapel Hill.  From I-40,
exit onto Route 54W toward Chapel Hill.

Go 1.7 miles and turn left at the sign for
the Friday Center.  Go straight on Friday
Center Drive to the very end, then turn
left into the Hedrick Building parking lot.

RSVP:  967-9954