From:
Angie Connley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angie Connley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 01:34:32 -0500

In summary, I received over 50 replies to my call for helpand advice and am completely bowled over by the compassion and encouragement and strength and hope and inspiration of the members of this list!   I sat in front of my computer and cried when realizing that there are other mom's out there who were just as confused and overwhelmed and feeling incapable in the beginning.

Almost every message told me that it is hard at first, but will get so much easier and will soon become "old hat"

Everyone recommended that I join my local support group, which I did today.

Everyone told me where they get their favorite bread or sent their favorite recipes, recommended the best on-line and mail order stores and the best cookbooks.

Many people showed me that they are handling much more difficult problems than I, such as the mother with 4 children, each of them having a different disease.  She was just grateful that each was diagnosed at a different time so that was able to learn about each new disease one at a time.  I feel humbled and inspired by this strong woman.

Sorry to be so long winded....I am just so happy and relieved to have found you all.

Thank you,
Angie, mom of Adrianne, in KC