From:
chris dye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 03:23:14 -0400

As another UK Coeliac I would like to add that the book provided by the
Coeliac Society contains manufactured goods that are gluten free.  Any
products containing wheat starch and complying with the Codex Alimentarius
are noted with an *.  My consultant, who has a world-wide reputation for
treating food allergies (mentioned in American books!) is quite happy for
Coeliacs to eat wheat starch providing it complies with the code.  We are
also allowed to eat Corn Flakes and Rice Krispies - the malt extract and
malt flavouring considered safe for CD.  My consultant said that the USA
had done little research into CD whereas Europe had and consequently
Americans were rather more conservative.

Happy to say that on the diet after 6 months my villi had returned to
normal.

Best wishes

Chris