From:
Shughart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 07:04:50 -0500

I would like any and all tips and advice for a family interested in trying a trip to Cancun. Our son's gluten reactions are so terrible that we do not eat out or travel for fear of a reaction, but we now feel that this is not the best solution.
I would also be interested in general tips such as whether certain airlines and hotel chains handle gluten free requests better than others. I imagine that we will have to take a lot of food with us, but we will also want the fun of eating out, too, so any suggestions for failsafe foods to try would be most welcome (even as basic as a baked potato in foil).
I did find one summary for travel to Cancun, dated 1/15/01, but none of the other queries had answers.
Thanks in advance for any information you can take the time to share.
Hilary in Oxford, Mississippi (though not from here!)