From:
Kathy Hubbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:28:55 EST

<<The main ingredient I'm worried about is the Vitamin E source.>>

Say what?  Feeling like a fool here; where exactly can vitamin E come from?

Since I'm pestering y'all anyway..... I've recently been diagnosed as
Celiac via IGg of 91 (normal <20).   Had an endoscopy by the ex-
gastroenterologist in December, who "didn't think of" doing a biopsy
because CD "is extremely rare, and not genetically connected" (Dad had
it).  New GI doc is much more on the ball!

Have been roughly on the GF diet for a few weeks, finding and
eliminating little "accidents" here and there, but learning so much from
this list, the folks participating, and our local support group.

My question to the group regards recipes and ingredients. I am hideously
sensitive to MSG.  After a trip to the emergency room I checked with my MSG
contact.  Apparently "starch" contains glutamines which are created in
processing.

It is my extreme misfortune to be sensitive to the minute amounts of
glutamine in "starch", which figures into many GF recipes.  He also said
some very sensitive individuals react to Xanthan gum, another common
ingredient.  If, in anyones travels, you come across recipes or ready-
made products that are starch-less and xanthan-less, I'd appreciate it
if you could let me know.

Thank You

Kathy
Middletown, CT