From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 10:03:28 -0700

To the list:

I have to second Don Wiss's comments about CSA perpetuating inaccurate
information.  It is so frustrating to have the largest CD group in the
country dealing out garbage about what contains gluten and what does
not.  CSA continues to insist that things like guar gum, canola oil, all
alternative grains, distilled vinegar and spirits and more contain
gluten.  These items do not!

As Don said, The Celiac Disease Foundation provides accurate information
as does the Gluten Intolerance Group [log in to unmask]  headquartered in
Seattle or check the archives of the list serve.  Another great source
is Gluten Free Living, a newsletter by Ann Whelan.  Do NOT depend on CSA
for accurate information.  They are back in the dark ages.

How frustrating this is for new people (and for the rest of us) when CSA
needlessly restricts an already seriously restricted diet becase some
celiac somewhere might have gotten sick on something that had absolutely
nothing to do with gluten ingestion.

Diane Holmes, Medina WA (soon to be Kirkland WA USA)
PS,  Yes, I'm still around.  We've been remodeling and are moving.
Sigh...