From:
Tandi Hartle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:00:59 -0600

I thought everyone might enjoy this recipe.  It is a recipe that I modified
to be gluten-free.  They are delicious!!  No affiliation with Betty Hagmans
flour...just think it is wonderful.

Chocolate Chip Crumbcakes

FOR THE TOPPING:

1/3 cup Betty Hagmans four blend flour
1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
1/3 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup margarine or butter, chilled

1.  In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar and cinnamon.  Using a pastry blender
(two forks will work fine) cut in butter until coarse crumbs form; set
aside.

FOR THE CRUMBCAKES:

2 cups Betty Hagmans Four Blend Flour
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1/3 cup Sugar
1 TB. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 large egg
1 cup Milk
3 TB. butter melted
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1. preheat oven to 400F.  Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.

2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  In a medium
bowl, beat egg, milk and melted butter.  Pour egg mixture into flour
mixture; stir until dry ingredients are moistened.  Add chocolate chips; mix
well.

3.  Fill prepared muffin cups about three--quarters full with batter.

4. Sprinkle crumb topping on top of each crumbcake.
Bake crumbcakes until lightly browned, 25-30 min.

This can be modified with non-dairy type milk and soynut butter if needed.

Enjoy,

Tandi