From:
Dorothy DeBisschop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:08:45 -0400

I had a cholesterol screening recently and the nurse said that she had
never seen such a disproportionate ratio between the total cholesterol
(230) and the HDL Cholesterol (Less Than 15).  Since I was the only person
in the group with an "abnormal" reading she felt that the machine was
probably NOT the cause of the result.

I saw a family practitioner today to have the test redone in a lab.  He
also said he had never seen such a low HDL.  I am wondering if any of you
others have had the same experience, or if you know of any celiac-related
possible explanation for this.  (The last time I had it checked -- before
going gluten free ten years ago the total Cholesterol was 140, so something
significant has changed.)

Any information or suggestions on what might be causing this will be
appreciated and I will summarize for the list.

Thank you
Dorothy DeBisschop