From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 22:22:21 -0400

[log in to unmask] wrote:

>He is convinced I have IBS (in fact, that's what his nurse told
>me before he even saw me; my, my, aren't they efficient).

Except that there is no such disorder as IBS. It is simply a label that is
used to describe symptoms, and is used when the doctor is unable to find a
cause. It is a diagnosis of exclusion. Their sticking this label on you
before doing every test possible points out just how the education of
doctors has become warped. You have various drugs being promoted for IBS,
and the sellers of the drugs have now turned IBS into a first thought of
diagnosis. Just what they want to sell more drugs.

Don.