From:
Sandy Metius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandy Metius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:19:05 -0800

  Egg Substitutes cannot be used in place of egg whites in Angel Food Cakes. See below.

  I think the answer to my question is no.
  Thanks,
  Janet
     egg substitute (Substitute 1/4 cup egg substitute for each egg. Using egg substitute in place of eggs tends to make baked goods rubbery, because egg substitute has no fat. To improve the product's texture, add one teaspoon of canola oil for each egg replaced. Egg substitute can't be whipped and is much more expensive than regular eggs.  It doesn't work well in cheesecakes.  For more information, visit the Illinois Cooperative Extension Service's  Egg Substitutes page; for a recipe, visit its Homemade Egg Substitute page)