From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2011 23:07:11 -0400

About the recipe I just posted....

I forgot to say that I tossed in a handful of unsalted cashews at the last minute.  Peanuts would work, too.

But more important.  If you read the bottle of the San J Szechuan sauce, it says to use a tsp to a tbs to flavor your dish...and I used the entire 10 oz.!

There is no mention on the bottle as to the size of the "dish".  What I made ended up being a huge soup pot of vegetables, with the meat.  Even when it all cooked down, it was half of a very large pot.

When I put the leftovers in the frig, I only saved the food, and dumped the sauce.  I didn't want it to get even spicier overnight.  And we do like our food spicy.  But be warned.  If you don't like "hot", or you're feeding it to children (or elderly, sensitive stomachs, ) use just soy sauce instead.