From:
Bobbie Proctor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 15:32:46 -0400

When I posted my suggestion for a refillable purse-size
perfume dispenser to carry soy sauce, I didn't expect to
post a summary, since it wasn't a question! Most of the
several people had contributions to make:

Bob had thought of contacting La Choy to see if they sold
the little packets.

Larry said: "I have been meaning to pick up a plastic
camping squeeze bottle for tamari. Cheap and widely
available -- no spray top, but that's OK."

"cyri" suggested: "Around here (outside Chicago)we have a
few discount cosmetic centers.  These are great places to find
these items.  I found one (for perfume) last month for 1.99.
It holds quite a bit of fluid too.  It's just a plain container
too."

Christine calls the restaurant and speaks to the chef on the
day she plans to go to a Chinese restaurant , and asks to
have her meal prepared with the soy sauce she brings.
"Always works."

Virginia and her husband ate in a Cracker Barrel restaurant
where he ordered pancakes. "They were served with this little
bottle of syrup.  I took it with me and it holds 2 ounces,
just enough when we go the the Chinese restaurants."

And somebody (whose post I have lost, sorry) told me that she
plans to use the same type of idea to carry gf salad dressing.

Several people had questions about what soy sauce I used (which
I answered individually and to the List, last week) or had questions
about eating at Chinese restaurants generally; I answered each just
with what I do myself; this issue is also discussed in the List
archives.

Good luck, good eating, and good health!
Bobbi in Baltimore