Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 12:24:18 -0500

Thanks to those great celiacs who respond immediately whenever food is
mentioned!!! Margaret

Here are the responses to the questions of buying GF food and GF eating
places in Gatlinburg/PF, TN:

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store is a very large chain.   The vegetables
are GF, except the breaded okra.  The mashed potatoes are real potatoes.
(don't know about the butter) The vinegar is apple cider.    For breakfast I
have had  poached eggs, and tell them to put the ham (in foil) in the
steamer with the eggs.    Dwight

Hi, I live just outside that area.  I used to work in a health food store
"Everything Natural"  on the main road in Sevierville.  It is in the K Mart
shopping center.  You pass it on the way to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.
They have a GF section.  There is also a health food store in Gatlinburg
called "Whole Earth Market".  They have some things and also a deli where
you might find something and will work with you.  The only restaurant I know
for sure will work with you is " ion Damon's" in Pigeon Forge.  There are
some better restaurants in Gatlinburg that would probably work with you.

There is a new Kroger's you will pass on the right in Sevierville that has a
good selection of G F Products.  Even a Kosher section where there are some
G F ones.  Also there is a new Food City in Gatlinburg that I heard has
quite a selection of food.  I have not been there yet so I don't know how
much is G F.

Elizabeth

If they have a Boston Market (Boston Chicken), the following items are
supposedly GF, according to corporate.. However, you will have to watch
for cross-contamination - The ham and meatloaf have gluten. The
rotisserie chicken is supposedly GF.

I don't know about the grilled chicken. You can contact Boston Market
and they will fax you a current GF list:

Rotisserie chicken (plain)
string beans (garlic beans)
new potatoes (the red potatoes)
corn  (The corn bread has wheat in it.)
steamed vegetables

Go to the following link to check for Boston Market or Boston Chicken -
just fill it in as Business name, and the city and state.  You can check
for Gatlinburg, then for Pigeon Forge:

<http://www.switchboard.com>

You can also check for health food stores by filling in health foods
or a similar heading under kind of business instead of business name,
then call them up to see what they have.

If you stay at a place with a kitchenette (anything called "Suites" in
the hotel name), and bring your own scubbers and dish soap, you can
go shopping and make your own food, too.  Vicki