From:
pat/lynette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:13:00 -0500

I wrote Sharon Nichols, who researches Walmart's Great Value & Sam's
Choice foods that are/aren't gluten free.  Here's a list I received on
June 10th.  Of course, products may change.  Here's her phone#
501-273-8159, if you have other products you would like her to research.
It took quite awhile to get this info., but sent a long list.  If it's
a couple of items, call.

SAC=Sam's Choice    GV=Great Value

SAC Thick & Chunky Mild Salsa=gluten free
Strawberry syrup(like for ice cream)=gluten free

GV Garlic powder=GF
GV ground cinnamon=GF
GV assorted food colors=GF
GV imitation vanilla=GF
GV packets-Taco seasoning, Sloppy joe seasoning, Spaghetti sauce mix,
Spaghetti thick & zesty=all are GF

GV Sweetener=GF--maltodextrin is derived from corn
GV marshmallow creme=GF
GV gelatins=GF
GV instant pudding mixes: choc. & french vanilla=GF
GV Cream style corn=GF, made w/corn starch

Pink Salmon-"Canned salmon is filled w/fresh salmon & a bit of salt
only.  Salmon feed on other fish and/or plankton in the open ocean.  I
do not think plankton is wheat related."  (I've eaten other brands of
canned Salmon that where verified GF.  No one has ever gotten this
specific)

Premium chunk white chicken in broth=GF
Chunk light tuna in water=GF

Crinkle cut french fried potatoes, 32 or 80 oz. size=GF
Shredded Hashbrowns=GF
Ice cream=GF, EXCEPT chocolate, neopolitan, Cookie & Cream, and Choc.
Chip Cookie Dough
Hickory bacon & low sodium bacon=GF

GV Cooked ham, chopped ham, turkey ham in 16 oz size=GF
GV thin sliced smoked ham, beef in 2.5 oz. size=GF
GV thin sliced turkey breast, honey turkey breast, pastrami in 2.5oz
size=NOT GF
GV Fat Free turkey breast, honey ham in 16 oz. size=NOT GF

White American Pasteurized process cheese slices, Shredded low
moisture/part skim mozeralla cheese=GF  No gluten found in any of
their cheese slices, shredds, or block
Cream cheese=GF
1% cottage cheese=GF
Yogurts=GF
Margarine sticks/Soft tub=GF(do contain whey powder-dairy)
GV Mustard=GF
GV ketchup=??-GF-vinegar is from distilled alcohol-don't mention the
source
GV  fruit smiles=GF
GV  marshmallows=GF
GV Worchestershire sauce=GF
GV canned tomato & fruit products=GF
SAC Juices, including blends & cocktails=GF

Instant brown rice=NOT GF
Tater puffs=NOT GF
Seasoned fried=NOT GF
Canned Frostings=NOT GF

Hope this helps cut down on some prices!  Take care.

Lynette in IA.