From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:44:29 -0800

I just thought of something.  Everytime I carry food to a gathering, I get
one little serving of it, then everyone else digs, it's contaminated & I
don't get any more of it.  And like many of you, often the only thing I get
to eat is what I bring.  This means, I'm usually hungry & can't even eat
what I brought after other people have gotten into it.  In the past, I've
put out the whole dish, cake or whatever on the common food table.  Unless I
stand guard over it to protect it from cross contamination, I don't get to
eat any of it.  I don't really enjoy being the "food police" so I usually go
hungry for most of the evening.  Real festive, huh?

BUT . . . A thought just stuck me.  I think I may be able to prevent this
from happening again.  This time, I'm going to bring my dish(es) in covered
container(s) & take out part of it & serve it on a plate on the common food
table.  When what I've put out is gone, I'll put out more as needed.  I'll
reserve an adequate portion of it safely out of reach in case I want it
later.  This way I can make sure I have something safe to eat as the evening
progresses & I don't have to go home hungry.  Why didn't I think of this
before????

Have any of you done anything like this before?  What did & didn't work for
you?

Valerie in Tacoma