From:
Stacy Higginbotham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stacy Higginbotham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 07:39:09 -0500

I have been gf for over 3 years and for about the last 1-2 years I have had an increasing problem with fatigue. I would come home from work exhausted (not a physically demanding job), go to bed exhausted and wake up even more exhaused. I had tried exercise, caffeine, and different supplements to boost my energy level. Some helped but it never really made enough of a difference or was consistant. Then a week ago I started a diet (the old fashion kind of diet) to loose about 20 pounds. I went to www.sparkpeople.com that someone had recommended a while back. My first day was Saturday a week ago. You answer a very short questionaire and it spits out how many calories you need to eat and how much each of carbs, fats, and protein. I entered my first day a food which I had considered to be dieting and wow! It turns out that I was eating almost twice the amount of fat and I didnt even come close the the minimum level of carbs. So Sunday I really made an effort to add nonfat carb foods (mainly fruit and juices) and cut more fat for the day. Then Monday morning I woke up and sprang out of bed. I wasnt exhausted! I had not lost any weight by then so I know it wasnt the weight loss. I believe it was that I wasnt eating enough carbs!! With the gf diet I think it might be eating more protein and fat. My weakness is cheese and that has been mostly eliminated so that I can get down to the correct amount of fats. I eat enough meat and fish so protein is no problem. I hope sharing this will help someone out there who has been gf and cant find a reason for the fatigue. Good luck!

Stacy in Houston