From:
Beth Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:48:24 -0500

Hello all...
This may be a redundant question, and I apologize in advance if it is.
We are always talking/hearing about the wonders of Xanthan Gum, and I
have used it myself in baking and in premade mixes.  I have good luck
with it as far as textures and turn-outs of baked goods, but does anyone
else notice changes in the way they feel with Xanthan Gum? My reactions
are nothing like a gluten ingestion reaction, but more like I have eaten
a high fiber food and my intestines react.  Is this a high fiber
substance? Does anyone else get reactions from this?
Just curious.  I love the way Xanthan Gum affects my cooking, but don't
eat a lot of it because of the digestive results.  Maybe it is something
that my body just needs to get used to again?
Thanks in advance!!
Beth in CT