From:
"Robert F. Eyerman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 1998 19:55:54 -0400

   Dear Listmembers, Thank you for all your posts on my recent post about
CD and depression.  Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of you got my point.
 I was diagnosed a year ago.  I have frequent bowel and stomach attacks
which come right out of the blue even though I stay strictly GF and make
all my own food, using nothing prepared.  Yes, it is depressing when you
can't even plan to take your son to the park if there is no bathroom there.
 I was extremely offended by one poster's line, "Aren't you just feeling
sorry for yourself?"  I am not saying that I am not thrilled not to have a
disease that can supposedly be cured by diet, but a lot of us have
developed serious problems from CD, and , they can be depressing.  I am in
no way discounting any link between serotonin going to the gut instead of
the brain or any biological connection.  I was just stating that I think
that some of us, and some of you have agreed with me, do get depressed from
the limited diet, the travel restrictions, and the comments from others,
that some of us having CD face, I didn't necessarily mean to the point of
needing Prozac! Others have stated that they eat better now, cook more,
etc., but we are all different.  I didn't appreciate some of the criticism
that I got from some of you.  I have said many times that I really
appreciate this list and people are all entitled to their own opinions.
Thank you.  Karen from Central, NY USA