From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:33:54 -0800

I have so many food allergies, I'm always looking for interesting ways
and economical way to prepare the limited variety of foods I can
tolerate.  Here's something different (and good) I came up with for
chicken livers.  Believe it or not, my teen son likes it.

Something Different

1 carton chicken livers
roma tomatoes
green bell peppers
salt & pepper to taste
cooking oil of your choice

Bring about 1 1/2 quarts salted water to a rolling boil.  Drop in chicken
livers.  Cook 5 minutes only.  Drain immediately in collander.  Set
aside.

For each serving:

Chop two or three chicken livers.
Chop one small roma tomato.
Chop one quarter of a bell pepper.

Heat small amount of oil in skillet.  Add livers & vegetables.  Saute no
more than 1 or 2 minutes.  Veggies should be barely heated and tender
crisp.  Salt & pepper to taste.

Serve with hot hominy grits for breakfast.

I usually make only one or two servings at a time, so I store the
remaining chicken livers in the frig until the next day.

Valerie in Tacoma

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!