From:
Jutta-Marie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jutta-Marie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 15:10:19 -0700

Hi,

I followed the messages about the spices over the last few weeks and month. Several years ago, Lawry's was listed as gluten free on one of 'our' lists, or maybe I took it from the archives. I used it all these years. Lately I kept getting sick intermittently and thought the spices could be a possibility. I am getting a very carefully worded answer from Lawry's saying there could be gluten in it, and if I can't tell for sure if there is none, then don't use our products.

What spices and seasonings are gluten free at this time?  What is safe to use?

thanks for your help

This is the response from Lawry's:
Thank you for writing!

Our products are formulated for use by majority of consumers, and not specifically for those on restricted diets, it is possible our product formulations may change at any time. Since product formulations change from time to time, we do not have a printed list of products that identifies those products that contain specific allergens or gluten. The best advice we can give you is to check the ingredient list on the label.

Ingredients that may contain any of the top eight allergens as defined by FDA (Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Soy, Fish, Seafood, Wheat, Eggs, and Milk or Dairy), as well as any ingredient that may contain Gluten are always listed on the label. Therefore, we suggest reading all ingredient labels carefully. If you cannot determine whether the product contains the ingredient in question, we suggest that you don't use it.

We hope this helps!

Your friends at Lawry's