From:
Gordy Koehler/Raleigh/IBM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:23:29 -0400

I stopped using my bread maker after I found some muffin-top
pans a couple of years ago.  I think that biscuits are less
crumbly as compared to sliced bread because there are more
browned edges to hold things together.

I had been using Jane Conrad's recipe (which I made available
at http://www.gordy-k.homepage.com/Recipbun.htm ) until last
month, when I accidentally added more milk than the recipe
called for.  I knew after mixing that it was too soupy, but
decided to bake them anyway.  The results were *excellent*,
and are *repeatable*.  The biscuits seem to be moister and
far less crumbly, fresh or frozen.

I normally doubled the recipe, so the 1/2 cup of milk
should have been 1 cup.  With my "mistake", the milk for a
doubled recipe is 1+2/3 cup.

I don't think extra liquid will work in a bread maker
because it will probably make the loaf more prone to falling
after baking.  This tip may work in some other recipes
though, and I intend to try it elsewhere.

The moral of the sorry is: if baked goods are too
crumbly, maybe more liquid is needed.  Comments?

Gordy in Raleigh