From:
Kurt Egelhofer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kurt Egelhofer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:48:15 -0800

Thanks to everyone who sent information on Victoria, B.C. We had a great
time and found lots to eat (maybe a little too much!). It was amazying to be
in a place where most servers had familiarity with Celiac.
Now I want to share my finds:
Rhineland's (on Fort St.) cookie treats were very good and there is a nice
variety of almond based cookies at the Dutch Bakery, also on Fort.  The
staff at Ebizo (604 Broughton Street) was quite helpful, checked with the
chef on several interesting items and even found their wheat-free tamari in
the kitchen for me to use (sushi without soy sauce is, well, just not
sushi).  Pescatores across from the Empress was a fairly effortless,
tastefull meal, though I am still looking for those elusive GF crab cakes
(any recipes out there?).
We gave The Empress tea a miss and went instead to the Point Ellice House
for the tour and tea. Calling ahead in the morning for reservations gave
them a heads up in time to put out a nice GF tea.  The audio tour of the
historic house is one of the best I've ever heard--very informative and
entertaining at the same time. The Harbor taxi is a fun way to get there
from the Inner Harbor area.
The Dining Room at Butchart Gardens was also very accommodating for our
lunch and all three of us had very interesting meals as well.
Thanks again for all the information!
Alison in Anchorage