From:
Mary Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:25:19 -0400

Thanks, everyone, for your quick and informative replies. I apologize
for not replying personally to everyone who answered.

In short, it is entirely possible to have Celiac but not have anemia
or be low on B-vitamins or indeed, any others.

A number of people recounted stories of having lost 20 or more pounds
from an already-slim body over not many months-less than a year. One
person spoke of being diagnosed with everything under the sun for 15
years before getting the correct, Celiac, diagnosis.

This is very helpful information, and has persuaded the very sick
woman I know to call her doctor today and ask for the Celiac
anti-body test. Of course, leaky gut (if that is indeed what she has)
can be traced to things other than Celiac, but at least in a few days
she will know whether or not she should looked further into the
Celiac diagnosis.

Thanks again,

Mary Brown