From:
Stacey Groppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:19:39 EST

Thanks to everybody who replied!

My question was if Frozen yogurt was ok for me to eat, since I am lactose
intolerant.  Here are the responses:

*Frozen Yogurt may have ice milk in it.  Some people able to tolerate it.

*But, for those that are lactose intolerant, some foods are more easily
tolerated, such as yogurt, hard cheeses such as cheddar, swiss, share the
same properties.   You can do one of two things, freeze refrigerated yogurt
to get frozen yogurt, i.e. the go gurts or express in the tubes, or other
kinds, or purchase frozen yogurt. Like anything, moderation is the key.

*Watch out for sugars which can play havoc in the gut, too, especially one
not totally healed.

*You can freeze regular yogurt.

*Watch out for certain brands, i.e. Dairy Queen, may be cross contaminating.

*One person said that a fabulous ice cream is Moch Mix and it is 100% Lactose
Free, found at Safeway.

Thanks again for your help!