From:
Kelli Schulenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelli Schulenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:49:47 -0400

I had several people respond to my question about Melaleuca products being GF or not.

I went ahead and called Melaleuca today and asked about some of the products I am interested in.  They were very helpful and knew what gluten was right off.  If you'd like to give them a call, their Product Info number is 1-800-742-8094.

The Naturals Herbal Shampoo is GF.  My mother-in-law has a bottle of it and I had her read me the ingredients and it sounded ok.

The women's multivitamin is GF.  I didn't ask about the men's formula.  I had my mother-in-law read the ingredients on her bottle and they sounded safe.

The deoderant is GF.  They have a few different varieties.  She acted like they were all GF, but you should call for sure about a specific type.

I asked about the Nicole Miller skincare and makeup.  Some of the skincare is GF and some is not.  The normal-to-dry lotion is not GF, but the toner is.  The cream cleanser is also not GF.  I didn't ask about the normal-to-oily.  Many of the cosmetics are GF, including the lipsticks and lip gloss, blush, powders, foundations, and eyeshadows.  The mascara has gluten of some sort in it.  If you want to know exactly, you should call.  I didn't ask for each color and such, but I'm sure most of the colors contain the same ingredients.

I was told my a list member that their weight loss stuff is not GF.

For those of you who just want to use their cleaning products, they're excellent.  Biodegradable and non-toxic.  And we don't have to worry about the gluten content of those:)

I hope this helps.  The lady at the company who answered the phone was very helpful and said that many people call and ask questions about ingredients.  The only downside is that you have to call.  They don't have the ingredients listed on their website, as they should.

Thanks for all of the responses!

Kelli
Bar Nunn, WY

PeoplePC Online