From:
"Margaret M. Greeno" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 00:53:11 UT

I've been thinking lately about adhesives that are used in packaging food.  To
open a carton of milk, fruit juice, or vegetable oil, it is often necessary to
remove a sticker, or tear open a part of the box that has been glued together.
Then, in removing the food, it rolls over the area that was stuck with
adhesive.

Also, paper beverage cups and ice cream cartons are rolled and glued together
with something adhesive, but what is it?  I called Haagen-Dazs about their
vanilla ice cream.  I was assured that the ice cream is gluten-free, but they
didn't have a clue about the box it comes in.

I also called Mellita about their coffee filters.  The woman I talked to
reported that their filters are not glued together at all, but crimped
together at high pressure.

Does anyone know anything about this matter?  I'm probably being too fussy,
but I feel so great on my gluten-free diet that I want it to be TOTALLY
gluten-free.

Margaret